Monday, December 20, 2010

The Beginning of the End

There is no other reason for me starting this blog other than pure boredom. No place would hire me during winter break because I obviously lack the skills needed to sell hams and slacks to overbearing assholes. So, for the past three days, I have been attempting to plan my escape out of Akron, Ohio as of May 2011. It's going to be a tricky task, but I think I'll be able to handle it.



First, applying to internships. Oh, God. The process of sending resumes, cover letters, clips...the whole shebang across cyber space in hopes of acceptance into the world of writing, editing and death by AP style. I am on the verge of selling my soul to Satan (sorry, Jesus) for the chance to get some newsroom experience and am committed to finding a summer PAID internship.

Second, trying to figure out how to continue my conquests aboard. Yeah, I want to teach English in Thailand. There I said it and am applying. (I think Cee-lo said it best it that one song, "fuck you." Am I insane? eh. Is this a good idea? maybe. Do I have anything better to do in this house than fill out countless application forms and e-mails? absouley not. Lastly, Thailand is know as "the Land of Smiles" and smiling is one thing I do best. BONUS POINTS.

Finally, I am sick of this bullshit weather and it might be one of the top factors of me wanting to move to Thailand.

My cat is a jerk and aggravating my allergies. The Cavs keep losing and Lebron keeps winning. Michael Jackson is still dead. The world just can't win, can it?

Side bar, the house repealed DADT (finally) and Obama stayed home from a Hawaiian vacation with Michelle and the kids to sign the bill. Sounds like the man is getting some of his priorities right. (you know, worrying about the well-being of the American public.) whew.

And now time for your daily Putin:


TOT ZIENS.

No comments:

Post a Comment