Monday, March 28, 2011

Four years too short

Starting this back up again. There are so many thing to do, with so little time. There needs to be time for reflection. The angle, the goal for this remains a mystery. I feel like this venture will help continue a persuit of...the unknown. I really don't know what I am striving for at this moment, but I am positive I will find the answers soon. I am about a month before limbo starts. The alternate reality that it is no longer socially acceptable to drink excessive amounts of booze to forget the rest of the world. Tragic, I know, but not the end of the world. There are different things to focus on. Like, what kind of job to I want? Where do I want to work? Is this the right path for me? Should I go to grad school? Do I want to make my parents happy? or just me?

My own self identity is slipping. Last night, I finished reading "Mother Night" by Kurt Vonnegut and related the entire time to the protagonist, Howard W. Campbell. Not in the whole being an American spy aspect, but all of a sudden finding oneself is a perpetual state of nothingness, purgatory.

I don't know what I want or where to go to even find where my Starting in May, my own purgatory will be the glorious Akron, Ohio. (Uh, Akron just got a shout out on the Sonic commercial in between segments of the Kardashian sister whinning, which is ironic because we don't have Sonics there...SWENSON'S!) Anyway, I don't know what will happen after those first three months, but I have a suspicion that the answers will find me, hopefully soon.

I secretly wish I was still 18, wide eyed and innocent. Not know what I want, but still having the answers within the walls of this institution. UD is letting me go, but it will forever be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment